- Proactive labour induction can improve perinatal outcomes, suggests new Danish study
- All schools should have to provide PSHE and SRE
- Extra funding to prepare for the early years pupil premium
- Mothers who support their children’s need for autonomy as the children grow tend to be viewed more positively by their children
- Alcohol in pregnancy discussed in updated patient information
- Work experience ‘lottery’ fuelling youth unemployment figures, with Hull among worst spots for young job-seekers
- Dogs, cats and other animals may improve social skills of children with autism
- Frequent eye movements in babies could be sign of autism
Proactive labour induction can improve perinatal outcomes, suggests new Danish study
A proactive labour induction practice once women are full term can improve perinatal outcomes suggests...
- Pain-relief in childbirth lowers risk of depression, study finds
- Worldwide leaders urged to recognise importance of midwives
New online tool to make finding childcare easier for parents
Plans are underway to give parents information about quality, affordable and accessible childcare through a...
- Government’s plan to end child poverty doomed, adviser warns
- Wales has highest percentage of children living in poverty, charity warns
First three-parent babies could be born in Britain after government gives green light
Three-parent babies could be born in Britain next year after the government gave the green...
- Childhood blindness link to rise in premature survival, charity says
- Children’s lives at risk because of failures to spot diabetes, doctors warn
Partners of those who miscarry feel invisible, study reveals
Partners of those who miscarry often feel invisible and unable to talk about their own...
- Single parents to be charged over child maintenance unless amicable agreement reached
- Chemicals in everyday household products linked to male infertility, scientists find
Mother’s diet before conception permanently affects child’s genes, study reveals
A woman’s diet before conception can permanently affect her child’s genes, a new study has...
- Children who eat sweets and watch TV are happier than those who don’t, study finds
- Breastfeeding reduces risk of cardio disease in adulthood, research suggests
Trained initially as a lipreading teacher, Alison Gauci graduated with an MSc in Audiology in...
Targeted strategies needed to prevent obesity in women of child bearing age, concludes major European obesity project
A major European obesity project has concluded that, due to the long lasting consequences of maternal obesity for both mothers and their children, targeted strategies...
Nannying Britain: When ‘breast is best’ goes too far
A series of conversations over the weekend enlightened me to a reality that I do not believe is widely known, despite going on, legally, under our very noses. Apparently, it...
Latest Expert Advice
Communication on the move! (for children aged 3-5 years)
As we look forward to blue skies and warm summer evenings, we hope this means that we can spend more time outside with our families. Any outside space, whether it’s...