- “Cinderella Law” to make emotional cruelty a crime
- Number of babies born to women over 50 doubles in four years
- New blood test predicts obesity in children
- “Under-used” maternity unit to close
- Make access to morning-after pill for teens easier, Nice says
- Three-quarters of children know another child suffering from neglect, report says
- Toddlers who sleep less more likely to be fatter, study finds
- Thousands of unborn babies used to heat hospitals, investigation finds
Child’s activity linked to mother’s, study shows
A child’s activity level is linked to their mother’s, according to a new study. The researchers...
- Hair straighteners account for one in 20 serious burns in hospitalised children
- Fifth of British parents say their children are addicted to gadgets, survey reveals
Osborne: Government will give £2k for every child in childcare costs
Photo: HM Treasury The government will give up to £2,000 per child each year in childcare...
- Stay-at-home mums driven to poverty by taxes, Catholic leader warns
- Online game industry has two months to act on free apps that leave parents with shock bills, OFT says
Trained initially as a lipreading teacher, Alison Gauci graduated with an MSc in Audiology in...
Choosing contraception: A guide
Contraception seems to be a bit of a buzz word this week for medical scares. First was the news that the contraceptive pill can cause...
Sending a confused message to our children
When I was 10 my biggest source of worry stemmed from what I was having for dinner. I was in bed so early I didn’t even know what a watershed...
Latest Expert Advice
Recipe for speaking success
Now that the seasons have changed and we’re coming into to spring we might begin to spend more time outside with our children. But with chilly mornings and rainy days...