- “Institutionalised” children need better balance between school and home, teachers’ leader suggests
- Women with breast cancer not told treatment may leave them infertile, charity warns
- “Cinderella Law” to make emotional cruelty a crime
- Number of babies born to women over 50 doubles in four years
- New blood test predicts obesity in children
- “Under-used” maternity unit to close
- Make access to morning-after pill for teens easier, Nice says
- Three-quarters of children know another child suffering from neglect, report says
Breastfeeding reduces risk of cardio disease in adulthood, research suggests
Breastfeeding significantly reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease in adulthood, American research suggests. The Northwestern University...
- Babies wake mothers in middle of night as survival tactic, biologist claims
- Light drinking in early pregnancy damaging, researchers claim
Bullying at school affects health 40 years later
Source: The Telegraph The effects of bullying last a lifetime with physical, mental and intellectual health...
- “Institutionalised” children need better balance between school and home, teachers' leader suggests
- Children facing “toxic climate” of stress and pressure, new survey warns
Osborne: Government will give £2k for every child in childcare costs
Photo: HM Treasury The government will give up to £2,000 per child each year in childcare...
- Stay-at-home mums driven to poverty by taxes, Catholic leader warns
- Online game industry has two months to act on free apps that leave parents with shock bills, OFT says
Trained initially as a lipreading teacher, Alison Gauci graduated with an MSc in Audiology in...
Choosing contraception: A guide
Contraception seems to be a bit of a buzz word this week for medical scares. First was the news that the contraceptive pill can cause...
Sending a confused message to our children
When I was 10 my biggest source of worry stemmed from what I was having for dinner. I was in bed so early I didn’t even know what a watershed...
Latest Expert Advice
Recipe for speaking success
Now that the seasons have changed and we’re coming into to spring we might begin to spend more time outside with our children. But with chilly mornings and rainy days...