- Longer duration of breastfeeding linked with higher adult IQ and earning ability
- Thousands of homeless teenagers left to fend for themselves
- Parents on politicians: “They don’t get it”
- Ultrasounds should be used with caution, RCOG says
- “Deeply worrying” that majority of councils rated poorly by OFSTED
- Minister launches 4Children’s ‘What to Expect, When’ guide for parents on child development
- New audit into GBS finds variation in practice across obstetric units
- Grooming scandal shows need for major changes
Results of the NPEU maternity survey 2014 released
The National Perinatal Epidemiology Unit (NPEU) at Oxford University has published Safely delivered: A national...
- Proactive labour induction can improve perinatal outcomes, suggests new Danish study
- Pain-relief in childbirth lowers risk of depression, study finds
First three-parent babies could be born in Britain after government gives green light
Three-parent babies could be born in Britain next year after the government gave the green...
- Childhood blindness link to rise in premature survival, charity says
- Children’s lives at risk because of failures to spot diabetes, doctors warn
Partners of those who miscarry feel invisible, study reveals
Partners of those who miscarry often feel invisible and unable to talk about their own...
- Single parents to be charged over child maintenance unless amicable agreement reached
- Chemicals in everyday household products linked to male infertility, scientists find
Wales has highest percentage of children living in poverty, charity warns
Wales has the highest percentage of children living in poverty in the UK, a charity...
- Mother’s diet before conception permanently affects child’s genes, study reveals
- Children who eat sweets and watch TV are happier than those who don’t, study finds
Trained initially as a lipreading teacher, Alison Gauci graduated with an MSc in Audiology in...
Targeted strategies needed to prevent obesity in women of child bearing age, concludes major European obesity project
A major European obesity project has concluded that, due to the long lasting consequences of maternal obesity for both mothers and their children, targeted strategies...
Nannying Britain: When ‘breast is best’ goes too far
A series of conversations over the weekend enlightened me to a reality that I do not believe is widely known, despite going on, legally, under our very noses. Apparently, it...
Latest Expert Advice
Communication on the move! (for children aged 3-5 years)
As we look forward to blue skies and warm summer evenings, we hope this means that we can spend more time outside with our families. Any outside space, whether it’s...