- Over half of births were to woman aged over 30
- No need to consider abortion over pre-pregnancy test binge, charity argues
- Charity urging everyone to report child neglect
- Two thirds of expectant mums call Google their best friend
- Mum campaigns for lower abortion after her 23-week-old baby survives
- Debt impacts children as well, according to charity
- Toddlers change their behaviour when adults look angry
- Chancellor deals millions of families a brutal blow
First three-parent babies could be born in Britain after government gives green light
Three-parent babies could be born in Britain next year after the government gave the green...
- Exposing babies to dust mites could prevent allergies, study says
- Childhood blindness link to rise in premature survival, charity says
Mobile phones damage chance of fatherhood, research suggests
Using mobile phones may be damaging men’s chances at fatherhood, new research suggests. The majority of...
- NHS should stop denying childless couples infertility treatment, Nice says
- Chemicals in everyday household products linked to male infertility, scientists find
Children’s lives at risk because of failures to spot diabetes, doctors warn
Children are at risk because of failures to spot crucial signs of diabetes, doctors have...
- British children more likely to die young because of poverty, leading doctors warn
- Pregnant women urged to have flu jab after less than half immunised last year
Growing number of addicts under 11, investigation finds
Children as young as 11 are being referred to specialist drug and alcohol treatment services...
- Bullying at school affects health 40 years later
- “Institutionalised” children need better balance between school and home, teachers' leader suggests
Mother’s diet before conception permanently affects child’s genes, study reveals
A woman’s diet before conception can permanently affect her child’s genes, a new study has...
- Children who eat sweets and watch TV are happier than those who don’t, study finds
- Breastfeeding reduces risk of cardio disease in adulthood, research suggests
Trained initially as a lipreading teacher, Alison Gauci graduated with an MSc in Audiology in...
Five minutes with … Jennifer Duthie, the mind behind Skribbies
When I was invited down to House of Fraser last week to meet Jennifer Duthie, the incredible mind behind innovative new kids’ shoes, Skribbies, I...
Nannying Britain: When ‘breast is best’ goes too far
A series of conversations over the weekend enlightened me to a reality that I do not believe is widely known, despite going on, legally, under our very noses. Apparently, it...
Latest Expert Advice
Communication on the move! (for children aged 3-5 years)
As we look forward to blue skies and warm summer evenings, we hope this means that we can spend more time outside with our families. Any outside space, whether it’s...